Delhi Development Authority v. Ajay Singh (SC)
: Law Finder Doc Id # 825118
2017(1) Scale 573
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Before :- Kurian Joseph and Rohinton Fali Nariman, JJ.
Civil Appeal No. 12239 of 2016 (Arising From Special Leave Petition (C) No. 37153 of 2016) (Arising From Special Leave Petition (C).....CC. No. 24113 of 2016). D/d.
Delhi Development Authority - Appellants
Ajay Singh and Ors. - Respondents
For the Appellants :- Ms. Garima Prashad, Advocate.
Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013, Section 24(2).
Kurian, J. - Delay condoned.
2. Leave granted.
3. The issue, in principle, is covered against the appellant by judgments in Civil Appeal No. 8477 of 2016 arising out of Special Leave Petition (C) No. 8467 of 2015 and Civil Appeal No. 5811 of 2015 arising out of Special Leave Petition (C) No. 21545 of 2015.
4. This appeal is, accordingly, dismissed.
5. In the peculiar facts and circumstances of this case, the appellant is given a period of one year to exercise its liberty granted under Section 24(2) of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 for initiation of the acquisition proceedings afresh.
6. We make it clear that in case no fresh acquisition proceedings are initiated within the said period of one year from today by issuing a Notification under Section 11 of the Act, the appellant, if in possession, shall return the physical possession of the land to the owner.
7. Pending applications, if any, stand disposed of.
8. No costs.
Previous Hitlist Next