Delhi Development Authority v. Muktesh Lekhi, (SC)
: Law Finder Doc Id # 806319
2016(10) JT 504
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Before:- Kurian Joseph and C. Nagappan, JJ.
Civil Appeal No. 8583 of 2016 (Arising Out of S.L.P.(C) No. 30235 of 2015). D/d.
Delhi Development Authority - Appellant
Muktesh Lekhi and Others - Respondents
For the Appellant :- Mr. Amrendra Sharan, Sr. Advocate, Mr. Vishnu B. Saharya and Mr. Viresh B. Saharya, Advocates, For M/s Saharya & Co.
Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation ad Resettlement Act Section 24(2) Lapse of process - Proceeding afresh - Issue covered against appellant by judgment in Civil Appeal No. 8477 of 2016 - Time granted to appellant to exercise liberty for initiating proceeding afresh - In case no fresh proceeding initiated - Land to be returned to land owners.
[Paras 4 and 5]
Kurian, J. - Leave granted.
2. The issue, in principle, is covered against the appellant by judgment in Civil Appeal No. 8477 of 2016 arising out of Special Leave Petition(C) No. 8457 of 2015.
3. This appeal is, accordingly, dismissed.
4. In the peculiar facts and circumstances of this case, the appellant is given a period of one year to exercise its liberty granted under Section 24(2) of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 for initiation of the acquisition proceedings afresh.
5. We make it clear that in case no fresh acquisition proceedings are initiated within the said period of one year from today by issuing a Notification under Section 11 of the Act, the appellant, if in possession, shall return the physical possession of the land to the original land owner.
6. Pending applications, if any, stand disposed of.
Previous Hitlist Next